DIY: Coffee Scrub
Who doesn't love a scrub! That gorgeous fresh feeling. And they are easy to make yourself at home....think of all the waste you'll be reducing and money you'll be saving!
This scrub is a favourite at our place...not sure it is because coffee is a total favourite too!
The Benefits of Coffee for Your Skin
The sand-like texture of coffee grounds makes a great exfoliant. The grounds work to gently remove dead skin cells, which helps to rejuvenate and boost circulation. Exfoliants can also plump and tighten, helping to temporarily reduce the appearance of cellulite.
Let's crack into making a coffee scrub...
- 1/2 cup fresh ground coffee (Fresh are best, but dry used grounds will work, too)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Tip: Choose fine grounds, as the coarse kind can be too harsh for sensitive or delicate skin.
- Mix together 1/2 cup fresh ground coffee and 1/2 cup brown sugar.
- Add 1/2 cup coconut oil into the coffee mixture and 1 tsp. vanilla extract.
- Mix until well combined.
- Gently rub the mixture over your body—avoid areas around the eyes. Leave it on for several minutes. Rinse thoroughly. (Be careful if using the scrub in the shower, as the oil can make the floor a bit slippery.)
Let me know how you go!